Monday, December 20, 2010

Sunday Morning Pancakes

Sunday mornings are for big breakfasts. Usualy I use the left over Challah for french toast on Sunday, this week was Pancakes, Eggs and Hashbrowns. I love Pancakes, but I hate buying the mix, I feel that it never is as good as this recipe. I know I made alot more this week then pancakes but today I'll give you the recipe for the pancakes from scratch, next Sunday I'll show you how to make awesome eggs and the week after that will be the hashbrowns, stay tuned! For Now---Pancakes!

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 tablespoon white sugar

  • 1 1/4 cups milk

  • 1 egg

  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted


  • In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. The batter will be thick. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Becareful not to burn them they cook quickly. If you don't want to serve them as you make them you can keep them warm on a plate in a 200 degree oven untill ready to serve. I serve with butter and syrup. Wow is it good! Sorry we ate them too fast to take a picture. Now, I wonder if it would be good with bananas?.....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment