Friday, December 24, 2010

Banana Bread

The Doctor wants me to eat a banana a day for Potasium. But I cna't force myself to eat one every day, maybe everyother day. So now I have some going bad, they are BLACK. I wanna throw them out but I remembered my Savta telling me that they re the best for Banana Bread that way. So here was my atempt. Most online recipes require milk and/or butter. I've adapted the recipe to be parve since I didn't want to dairy up my kitchen aid. This could be made with a hand mixer too. The batter will be on the thick side and I doubled the recipe to make to loaves at once. It didn't seam to mind, besides a crust that was a little thicker than I'd like. I think starting at a lower Temp, possibly 300 for the first 15 minutes and then turn to 350 for the next 30 hour. Do use the tooth pick test! I went to take it out at the correct time and the middle was still gooey. So here it is in all its glory....... BANANA BREAD!

1 Cup ripe bananas, crushed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
½ cup parve margarine
1 ¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon baking powder if desired,
½ cup chopped walnuts

 
Preheat oven to 350
Cream sugar and margarine.
Mix Flour, baking soda and baking powder together.

Add bananas and flour mixture to the margarine and sugar mixture.
Beat well.
Fold in the beaten eggs and nuts.
Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment